Nebraska Babywearing Alliance (NEBA)'s mission is to build the bond between babies and caregivers through the art of babywearing.
Free Online Babywearing Assistance:
We invite you to access to our online Facebook discussion page here. This online community brings a sense of camaraderie to our local babywearing world and functions almost like a digital meeting. We often troubleshoot, as well as support and rejoice with each other. Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Free In-Person Meetings:
Our organization offers two free monthly meetings for members and non-members to access in-person babywearing education and (optionally) our lending library.
- Meeting Location: St. Timothy's Lutheran Church, 510 N 93rd St, Omaha, NE 68114, large lower level meeting room
- Meeting Time: Meetings begin at 10am with free education. You're welcome to bring your own carriers for fit assistance. All lending library carriers are due by 10:30am.
- Meeting Dates 2021:
- Thursdays: July 15, August 19, September 16, October 21, November 18, December 16
- Saturdays: July 24, August 28, September 25, October 23, November 27, December 18
Optional Lending Library Membership Types:
- Standard membership: $30 for one year starting from the month you borrow your first carrier, one carrier check out per month
- Plus membership: $45 for one year starting from the month you borrow your first carrier, two carrier checks out per month
- V.I.P. membership: $50 for one year starting from the month you borrow your first carrier, two private virtual consultations and one carrier check out per month
- Complimentary memberships are available to foster parents (please see a volunteer for more info)
- Become a Lending Library member: https://forms.gle/P16Edj5zRRDvLhLN7
Carrier Lending Library Details:
Our organization also offers a lending library that maintains a variety of carrier types. This lending library is only available for currently active members. The library allows active members to check out a carrier for a one month period of time. This is a great way to try a carrier out before spending money on one! Carriers that are checked out at a Thursday meeting must be returned to the following month's Thursday meeting, and likewise for Saturday meetings.
Updated Meeting Format - Beginning July 2021:
Thank you for taking our survey on your preference for meetings. Based on your votes, the following changes to our regular/COVID meeting format will start in July.
- The NEBA Lending Library will be available for try-ons and fit help starting at 10AM
- All checked out carriers need to be returned by 10:30AM. Carriers not returned by 10:30 will incur a $10 late fee.
- Lending Library carrier checkouts will be done in a random order.
- After carrier check outs, we will continue with babywearing education, as requested by attendees.
- With this change, we will also be moving our meetings inside - to the lower level of the church. Please watch the NEBA Chat and Support Facebook group for any last minute changes to meeting location and time due to church conflicts.
- You are also still welcome to bring in personal carriers for help with them as well.
- REMEMBER: ALL CARRIERS WILL BE DUE BY 10:30 AM TO THE THURSDAY OR SATURDAY MEETING THEY WERE CHECKED OUT FROM.
- A $10 late fee will be charged if carriers are not returned prior to 10:30 AM on the day of the meeting, with an additional $5 charged per extra week.
- Meeting attendees are strongly requested to wear masks and volunteers will still be wearing them as we interact with a vulnerable population that cannot get vaccinated (babies and children).
Connect with us:
Public Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NEbabywearing
Facebook Chat and Support group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NEBabywearingAllianceChatandSupport